The Mid-Maine Global Forum is grateful to have received generous support from The Oak Foundation.
The Oak Foundation, an international philanthropy, commits its resources to address issues of global social and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged.
The Foundation’s priorities are:
- Child abuse, in particular sexual abuse; child prostitution, child pornography and related trafficking;
- Environment with emphasis on:
- Conservation of the marine environment by promoting the protection and sustainable use of marine ecosystems, with a pilot programme in marine reserve co-management in Belize;
- Reducing the threat of global warming by promoting implementation of energy-efficient and renewable energy technologies;
- Housing and homelessness;
- International human rights, including the rehabilitation of torture victims;
- Issues affecting women, especially domestic violence, the challenges faced by single mothers, and trafficking of women;
- Learning disabilities, especially dyslexia.
For more information, please visit The Oak Foundation’s website.